India has a rich, dynamic, diverse and extremely fast paced Food, Drink and Hospitality industry. A population of over 1 billion, a rising middle class, GDP growth rate of over 8%, increased spending power in the consumer age groups, has meant India today is an economic powerhouse. The country offers new and established exporters a unique opportunity to drive sustained profitability.
The Indian hotel industry reported a healthy revenue growth of 20% in 2010-1. A strong revival in domestic and foreign tourist arrivals, adequate rate increases of 5-7%, revenues from incremental supply, and stable food and beverages (F&B) revenues are the factors responsible for this growth (According to ICRA report.)
- Among the top 5 global investment markets
- 80 million high net worth individuals (HNIs)
- Consumer age group of 18-60 years accounts for 70% of the population
- India's population spends an average of 57% of household income on food, drink and hospitality purchases
- The Hotel and Restaurant supplies sector in India is valued at USD 11 billion and it will see a 48% growth over the next two years
- India has 299 hotels with 4 and 5 stars, offering over 70,000 rooms
- The Ministry of Tourism has sanctioned 781 new hotel projects across India. According to Deloitte report, international tourism is expected to quadruple by 2015 and the biggest growth in the last few years have been recorded in the mid-scale to budget hotels.
- Off trade Horeca sector imports duty free (5% Forex earnings)
- Food and Grocery accounts for 57% of consumer's total expenditure
FHW has been designed with the exporter and importer in mind. The show is tailored to introduce you to your prospective Indian partners in the fast growing food, drink and hospitality markets. The show offers you an opportunity to be in the right place at the right time.
Facts – Mumbai 2014
Food Hospitality World 2014 Mumbai is a pure B2B, pure business introducing you to the whole spectrum of buyers from the Food and Hospitality business. It's a one stop profitability and growth avenue shop.
For stall bookings, sponsorship opportunities and further information, please contact us