Karnataka as a state has become more proactive promoting self as a destination and bringing in more leisure travel footfall. This is apart from the corporate traffic the state receives. Karnataka increased its budgetary provision for travel & tourism from 0.03 per cent to 0.22 percent and the state capital, Bengaluru is the one of the top markets that are expected to witness significant incremental room supply by 2015.
Bangalore, also known as Bengaluru is known as the hub for India's information technology sector. Situated in the South of India, it is the capital of the state of Karnataka. Bangalore is India's third most populous city.
Bangalore is known as the 'Silicon Valley of India' because of its positioning as the nation's leading IT exporter. It is also referred as the 'Garden City' because of its greenery and the presence of beautiful gardens in the city.
Bangalore is fast emerging as the centre for hospitality and food, with many new projects and luxury upscale hotels coming up in the next few years.
- Population of Bangalore: 5.2 million
- GDP Growth Rate: 8.3%
- Bangalore is a major economic and cultural hub of India and the second fastest growing major metropolis in India. (Rediff News - "India's 10 fastest growing cities”)
- With an economic growth of 10.3%, Bangalore is the fastest growing major metropolis in India, and is also the country's fourth largest FMCG market.
- With a per capita income of 74,709 (US $1,515.1) in 2006–07,the city is the third largest hub for High Net Worth individuals and is home to over 10,000 dollar millionaires and about 60,000 super-rich people who have an investable surplus of 4.5 crore (US $1 million) and Rs. 50 lakh (US$ 101,400) respectively (Dept of Economics & Statistics, Govt of Karnataka)
- Due to the strong IT industry in the city, the improved infrastructure, the robust commercial real estate market and numerous public sector industries, Bangalore is now a powerhouse for corporate and business industry. This has resulted in heavy influx of corporate visitors as well as an entry of national and international tourist in Bangalore.
- Global hospitality services provider HVS reports that by 2016, Bangalore will have 8,500 additional hotel rooms to add to 7,300 existing room supply
FHW will be held at KTPO (Karnataka Trade Promotion Organization), Whitefield